Monday, January 30, 2006

She's Here!

Almost exactly two weeks early, my water broke. I'll give the whole story later, but suffice it to say, Tess Elise Ostergard, was born on Wednesday, January 25 at 8:27 p.m. As much as I tried for a vaginal delivery, she was born by C-section. I'm not upset, though, we gave it our all, and it was the safest way for her to come. She is beautiful, with long fingers (Owen had short fingers when he was born, because of being Down Syndrome), and a perfect little head. The first thing I asked when they took her out was if they checked to see if she had Down Syndrome...amazing what you think of when you are full of drugs!

She was little, only 6 pounds, 6 ounces, and 17-1/2 inches, but if she had two more weeks in me, at the rate I was eating, she would have been 8 pounds at least! I'm very happy and content, and so pleased that everything went well. My milk has already come in, and she's happily breastfeeding. I'm just so grateful to have a healthy, happy baby.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Coalminer said...

Congratulations! Welcome Tess!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Yeah!!!! So glad to hear that she has arrived safely. I love her name, too. So very literary! I want to hear more details when you're rested!!!!

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I just love that new baby smell-they are so cute and tiny.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Congratulations :).

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home