Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Nesting?

I don't know if that's what you call this, because I don't remember having it with Owen, but I've been waking up early, and getting up to get things done. I feel as if there is so little time left and so much to do. I have presents to buy, cards to send, bags to pack, events to plan, and writing to do, all while I prepare for the birth of my daughter, who is only eight weeks away (from the due date, but that's not really set in stone anyway). I feel as if I have to hurry up and get all these monumental tasks done before I can just relax and allow her to come into our lives. I remember feeling the same way with Owen, but it was more about getting through work events. This time, it is about getting through life events. The day before I went into labor with Owen, I had this incredibly long work day, beginning with a 7 a.m. breakfast, and ending with a dinner meeting that I didn't get home from until 9:30 p.m. I promptly told my husband I was exhausted, and fell into bed. I had the deepest sleep I had had in a long time that night, which was a good thing, considering my son was born the next day. I don't know if I mentally decided that when that day was done, I could relax, because there was just so much to do that day. Perhaps our mind does have something to do with it. All I know is that at this point, I have three work events in January, as well as a shower (that, of course, I am throwing for myself, even though my sisters are flying in town for it) that I am planning and taking care of. Oh yeah, and I'm having a baby.

And for some reason, a January baby keeps sticking in my mind. Besides that, I think I feel as if I have to be supermom and superwife these days. I can't stop baking cookies and fudge, only because I have a license to eat as many of them as I want, and of course, I have now passed the magic number of 30 pounds. I have officially gained 32 pounds, and I still have 8 weeks to go! How many cookies can I stuff in my mouth until then? I know that after I have the baby, I'm going to feel guilty about eating sugary food, so I figured I may as well enjoy it until the end. I can worry about taking it off when I finally unload the baby and all the extra fluids. Then, I'll start fresh.

Owen and I stopped by the house that Erik and his dad are building the other day. It's really happening. The foundation is being laid, and the walls are starting to go up. I can't believe we actually got a lot to build on (and a corner lot at that) in such a great neighborhood. People are always out walking, there are tons of kids, and the schools are great. We can walk to the park, the library and Ventura Boulevard. Make no mistake, I love my house in the Hollywood Hills, with a corner view of the Hollywood sign, but my life is so different now. I told Erik when we are old and gray we can buy a house in the hills with the view he wants. Of course, we might be too old and stiff to walk up to it...

Oh, and so far, we've had at least one person come by the house they are building and offer to buy it. There is definitely money to be made off it, but I think I would like to live there first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home