Saturday, November 12, 2005

Things I Love About Being Pregnant

First of all, I never thought I would admit that I like being pregnant, especially since the first time around, all I could think about was being done with it. I think part of it was that I didn't know what to expect, so it was very unnerving. This time around, I really am enjoying. Maybe that's why people have gobs of children. My mom had nine, and I know that they are Catholic, and that's what you do, but I think if she really hated it, she would have figured out a way to time things, if you know what I mean. It's funny, because the other day I was talking with someone I used to work with, and she is pregnant with her fourth child, and is due a few weeks after me. Now, her last child she had when my son Owen was a year old, which means that she is barely taking a breath between pregnancies. I made a comment to one of my friends about how she's just pumping kids out, and then I thought, you know, every time I say that as if it's a bad thing, I am totally putting down my mom and my family. And if my mom didn't have any kids after five, then I wouldn't be here. So, even though I exist in a different world, I have to consider that some people are very fruitful, and have never had problems with their pregnancies.

So, here it is: things I love about being pregnant:

1.) Not having to be on a diet, or even think about dieting

2.) My oh-so-clear skin

3.) The fact that the bigger my stomach gets, the smaller my butt looks!

4.) Pancakes for dinner

5.) People who give up seats for me, or offer to carry something for me

6.) My urge to read constantly, and not feeling bad about it

7.) Feeling the baby kick, and knowing that I am participating in a miracle

8.) Being able to use pregnancy as an excuse not to have to do something

9.) Knowing that I am blessed to be pregnant again

10.) Not having to take my temperature every morning


And of course, things I hate about being pregnant:

1.) Cork that wine bottle, before I can't help myself!

2.) Pregnancy mask

3.) Sleeping, or lack thereof

4.) Constant potty breaks

5.) Buying clothes that I will only use for a few months

6.) No more early-morning jogs

7.) Constant cravings

8.) Hemmorhoids

9.) Overwhelming tiredness

10.) Costant fear of something going wrong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home