Thursday, July 14, 2005

What's in a name?

Okay, does it bother anyone else that people are deliberately spelling their children's names wrong? I mean, take Francis for instance. There are TWO spellings: one for a girl (Frances) and one for a boy (Francis). Did it bother anyone else but me that Brooke Shields named her daughter FRANCIS? And now I just saw someone else who named their daughter FRANCIS, the boy's spelling? I could understand if they named their child by a boy's name, and there was only one spelling, but there are two distinct spellings for each name. To me, it doesn't seem like a creative choice of a name, just someone who was too ignorant to know the difference.

Next up: Britney Spears names her baby girl Sean, and if it's a boy: Shawn, although you gotta give it to her, because she's really isn't smart enough to know the difference.

1 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

Bleh. She makes me ill. Brtney that is. I like Brooke.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home