Saturday, April 15, 2006

Back to Work

I started back to work this past week, only part-time, but still, it means time away from my kids. By the way, it's so nice to be able to say "kids" (plural), only because I never thought I would have more than one. Kids....I just enjoy being with them so much. Sometimes, I wish I could just stop time, and freeze it, right where we are: with Owen walking (and now starting to run in that funny Frankenstein way), saying "Wiggle Bay" from the Wiggles show, and asking me if he can hold baby. Then there is Tess, who is starting to smile and laugh now, she's not so serious. For a while, I thought she was going to be this very serious baby, since she already had the forehead lines, and she would look at me with this really piercing look. But, she is starting to do what all babies do, expand her world.

In a few weeks, we are going to enter Owen in the Tri-Valley Special Olympics Mini-meet, which is for babies 6 months old to kids 8 years old. They have races such as "50 foot run", and "5-foot roll", which sounds fun. I had a friend go last year and she said it was so cute, especially the baby contests. You can find out more information through the DSALA site (www.dsala.org).

I feel like I had so much to write about the other day, but now I can't think of anything to say except it's almost Easter, and Owen and I have been practicing his Easter egg hung abilities (so that the older kids don't beat him out of any eggs).

I'll write more later...Happy Easter!!

6 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

I've never heard of the mini-Olympics, but we're looking forward to the girls participating when they're older.

As for freezing time, I hear ya! If only we could!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Going back to work is a shock to the system isn't it. Wonderful to hear about the mini olympics! I can't wait until my Hannah (18 months with DS) is walking. Hope that you all had a wonderful Easter.

11:16 PM  
Blogger shellsbells said...

I kind of stumbled onto this and I'm so glad I did. My son's name is Owen also and he just turned 4 in March. It was a shock to find out his diagnosis of DS. Now I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world!

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home