Friday, July 21, 2006

Sick Again

I thought we were through with colds, then Owen got a doozy...his nose was running so badly yesterday, and last night he had that horrible, congested breathing. I feel so bad for him when he's sick like this, because I know colds just have to be gotten through. There is nothing you can do to shorten them or prevent them. I suppose I got a little too cocky thinking he would be okay this summer, and not be sick, and then wham!, along came a bad one. Of course, he is in school with a whole new group of kids, so I suppose those germs are new ones to his little body.

Then there is my theory that every time I take him to my doctor's office, he picks up another cold. We went the other day for Tess' 6 month checkup and Owen's 3-year checkup. The doctor told me all of Owen's blood tests were fine, and that he seems to be doing well. He was so wriggly when they tried to measure him that they told me he was 36-1/2 inches, but I think they might be shy an inch or two. He only weighed 32 pounds, which is fine by me, I don't need a heavy kid. Then we did Tess. She weighs 14 pounds, 9 ounces (45%) and is 26 inches long (60%). I'm so glad that she is taller than she is heavier. I hope she gets a little bit of Erik's height. She had to get four shots yesterday. I've been putting them off because every time she's come for a checkup she's had a little bit of a cold, and I don't want to take any chances. But yesterday I finally figured that maybe I should start giving them to her, to prevent something. I mean, we do live in Los Angeles, where there are a lot of people who don't have shots, and are probably carrying some of these diseases. So, better to be safe than sorry. If I lived in a small town somewhere in Montana, I might have held off a little longer. But she did fine. She was sleepy, and a little fussy, but otherwise, no fever and now she is doing well. She's still on the medicine for the thrush, and I still see it in her mouth (that stuff is so persistent!), but I'm hoping it will be gone soon.

I'm so tired lately, I don't know if it's because Tess has begun getting up to feed in the night again, but I drag during the day. I also haven't been able to go walking or work out like I used to, which makes me feel so achy, and unhealthy. I wish this heat would go away! I am so done with summer and the heat, but they say it's supposed to continue for another two months at least! Tonight we play softball, at least, so I'll get a little exercise. Have a great weekend, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home