Thursday, May 18, 2006

Thank You for Reading

I got a few comments on my blog the other day, and I have to say it made me feel good that people were reading it. I thought that I was pretty much writing for myself, and was pleased to hear from some other moms...

As I said in my comments, as parents of children with Down Syndrome, we certainly put new meaning in the term "mother," especially since there are plenty of women terminated their Down Syndrome baby because, God forbid, their child had special needs.

I took the child that God offered me. I don't have much sympathy for women who think that children with Down Syndrome will have "awful" lives and therefore shouldn't be allowed to even live and be given a chance. I'm tired of defending my choices while there are women out there who think that by terminating they have released their angel back to God (it's true, if you read BabyCenter.com and check out the "terminating for medical reasons"). Actually, don't go there. It will just make you sad.

Brighter post tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home