Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Sweetest Words

We all have colds right now, and as I came into the house, I sneezed. "Bless you, Mommy," said Owen, from his toy room where he was watching the Backyardigans. My heart leaped as I realized he put a sentence together. He didn't just say "bless you" like he had been doing lately when someone sneezed or coughed, he said it to me, at the appropriate time, and in the correct way. He said "bless you, mommy." Thank you, Owen, I feel blessed to have you.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Owen, what a huge milestone. Miss E could learn so much from you. Keep up the good work, we always love hearing about you and Tess.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

What a sweet boy!!!

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zanne,
Awesome, Owen is doing great! Keep remembering these special times - we have a tendancy to forget to charrish the moment.
I love you!!!
Sista Anne

8:38 AM  
Blogger jennifergg said...

You are blessed, indeed.

7:05 AM  
Blogger shellsbells said...

Oh how sweet! I just love that!!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Leticia said...

I know just how precious that first sentence is with a DS kid! Christy's first sentence, last year when she turned four was, "I don't want to!"
It's not quite as endearing now, with all the repetition. . .

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home